These pictures aren't from this week, but they're ones I've been wanting to post from earlier this month:
Grant loves trying to give Drew his pacifier.
Monthly monkey picture. This was his two-month picture taken in late Nov. I'm trying to take one per month in the same pose, so I can look later and see how he's grown.
Yuck! Here's Drew after drinking a bottle from Daddy. Drew is a spitter, just like his brother!Daddy and Grant:
Grant can swing on big-kid swings now! He usually still prefers his little baby swing, though....
Here's his new train set that we got for his birthday. Grant spends a lot of time playing with his choo-choos.....he likes to play by himself, but then he'll come grab our hands and say "show choo-choos" when he wants to show us something he's built or when he just wants some company. The table doesn't usually look this nice, though....he doesn't keep the tracks together very well!
Silly Grant......
We've had a busy week! Grant, Dean and I all got sick last week (Dean being the worst)....it was some kind of stomach bug, but thankfully Drew didn't ever seem to get it. We're mostly better now, although Dean is still trying to get completely back to normal.
And.....everyone in Texas knows this, but we got snow on Wednesday! It was amazing.....they didn't predict it at all (at least for Houston). But that evening after dark, I looked outside and saw something white on top of Amminadab's cat house. Grant and I went out to play in it for a while (this was the night Dean got sick, so he stayed inside), but Grant surprisingly wasn't very excited about it. He wanted to come in after a few minutes!
A while later, after putting Grant to bed, the snow kept coming down harder and harder, until about 11:45 that night. Drew and I went outside to take pictures, and then later I came out again by myself to play. I felt like a little kid! By the time it stopped, we had probably over 2 inches in our backyard. It was majestic! I never dreamed I'd see that much snow in Texas. Our next-door neighbor built a huge snowman.....a real snowman, not a little 12-inch one!
And.....one other big event.....Grant slept in his toddler bed last night! We moved it into his current room, because we figured we might be expecting too much by asking him to change rooms AND beds. About 5 minutes after Dean left his room, we were downstairs and heard him talking loudly (we could tell he had opened his door). He was standing inside his room and said "door open!" when Dean went upstairs. He acted surprised, as if the door had magically opened by itself! This happened a few times before he finally went to sleep. And he woke up two or three more times after we went to sleep. Each time, he got out of his bed and came out of his room, calling for Daddy. So we'll see how he does tonight and for his nap today.....we might have to put a childproof handle on the inside of his door.
Today we are going to Grant's Mother's Day Out Christmas party, then Dean will be on his own with the boys while I get my hair cut and go to my doctor's appointment. He was on his own with them about 10 days ago and did great!
January Lessons
10 years ago
2 comments:
I love the monkey picture - that's adorable!
Yay for the big boy bed!! I just put a baby gate up on Drew's doorframe (outside the door so I can close it when he goes to sleep) so he can't bust out at night. I've thought about putting a child-proof handle on the inside, but he really likes his door open and I haven't worked myself up to fighting that battle yet.
Alissa,
Love the pictures! The boys are so cute! Loved your Christmas card too! Kiss the boys for me. You do such a fabulous job of writing your blogs. I like all of your comments and glean so much information from it. I think Drew is going to look alot more like you than Grant ever did. I'm not doing Christmas this year... no shopping or wrapping... but I will send a little something to the boys. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Love you all!
Gram
Post a Comment