I took Drew for his 4-month checkup on Thursday. Nothing really exciting to report (which is good, I guess!).....he got a few shots, but he handled them well....neither he nor Grant have ever had much trouble with shots. Of course he cried for a minute, but he stopped by the time we walked out of the room. It was a little sad.....he was laying down smiling really big at me just as the nurse stuck the first needle in his leg. They never have any idea what's about to hit them (at least when they're this little)!
The crazy thing is.....he and Grant are almost identical, physically speaking. Here are his measurements (and Grant's at 4 months):
Height: 26 in (Grant was 26 1/2)
Weight: 16 lbs, 8 oz (Grant was 16 lbs, 9 oz)
Head: 16 3/4 inches (Grant was 17)
Crazy! Here are some pictures from the past couple of weeks:
He's now rolling over quite a bit (from his tummy to his back)! And he can lift his head really well while he's playing. Since he sleeps on his belly, he doesn't mind tummy time nearly as much as Grant did. Here's Grant (out of the picture) trying to roll him off of his play mat:This is his trademark wide-mouth grin.....I love this!
Sometimes Grant likes to share and show Drew his toys, but most of the time he's pretty possessive. One of Grant's most commonly used words right now is "mine!" Of course everything is "his".....even if it's a toy I bought specifically for Drew last week!
He ALWAYS chews on fingers these days.....ours and his own....
Mommy and Drew......
It seems like all of my friends who were pregnant at the same time as me had girls! Lucky Drew!! :) Here is Catherine, my friend Sierra's little girl (8 weeks younger than Drew):
We've started using the Jumperoo.....he likes it quite a bit, although he doesn't quite "jump" in it yet. The first night we tried it, he kept chewing on the seat, and he did the funniest thing.....he kept making a barking sound as he attacked it! All of us (including Grant) thought it was so funny!
He's also started to use his bumbo in the past 10 days or so. Only on the floor this time, though!!! (I still have nightmares about Grant's experience)......
A couple of big smiles!
January Lessons
10 years ago
3 comments:
Has it been 4 months already? I like the picture in which Grant tried to roll Drew off the mat! Emelyn is a very happy baby, though she's been fighting her naps. I let her cry it out and she usually falls asleep in about 15 mins. Breaks my heart to hear her. Lettuce wraps... that's a good one! I had a hard time coming up w/ my list. Your letter is "T". Have fun!
His smile is so adorable!! I love the picture of Grant trying to roll him off the mat - priceless :)
Oh my goodness, he looks like such a sweet and happy little boy. 4 months was a fun age!
Post a Comment