Monday, January 12, 2009

Proud Momma

I am so proud of my little man.....Grant sang the alphabet song all by himself today! It's not even something we've specifically practiced, although I've obviously sung it a million times to him. He's sung parts of it before ("ABC, WXYZ") but never has even come close to singing the whole thing (at least that I've heard). I couldn't believe my ears!! And this from the little boy who didn't even say his first real word until he was 16 months old!

Also.....something funny......Grant really likes to watch (and play with) older boys. He has fun with kids his age too, but he likes to sit and stare at older kids while they're playing. Last night we got together with our small group from church, and one of the boys (a 5-year old) at the end of the night asked his parents what Grant's name was. We told him, then he turned to his dad and asked, "why does he look at me all the time?" Isn't it too early to teach him that it's impolite to stare??

0 comments: