Some pictures of the boys from earlier this month......
My goodness.......for some reason, it has seemed so much harder than usual to find any free time in these past ten days! During naps, I am perpetually trying to catch up with laundry or something else around the house.
Grant turned 26 months old yesterday (although the months are much less important after turning two, aren't they?), and Drew will be four months old this week! He is just the most precious thing to me.....that little guy is happy with the world as long as his mommy sits and makes faces at him all day. Grant also loved for me to sit and talk to him, but I don't think quite as much. Drew just lights up and gives me bigger smiles than I can describe. I have a hard time getting very much done, because when he is awake I just love to sit and talk to him and watch him chirp and smile at me!
He is also practicing a lot of new sounds.....and he has started to laugh when I tickle him! He also laughs at Grant.....he loves watching his big brother! I am so smitten over him.....he has such a sweet, joyful disposition.
And Grant continues to do things that make us laugh. He is SOOOOOO strong-willed and hot-tempered, but he can be very sweet too. He has learned how to do a lot of "mommy" things from watching me with Drew. Some things we've noticed in the past couple weeks:
- He'll grab one of his stuffed animals, hold it close to him and say "it's okay, it's okay, Mommy's here" in a really sweet, high-pitched voice.
- He has tried putting diapers on his stuffed animals. He'll pull up their legs and say "whoa!" (like we do when we change his poopy diapers!).
- Yesterday he sat down on the couch with one of his bears. He pulled up his shirt and laid the bear across his belly, as if he was going to breastfeed it! Dean and I could not stop laughing!!!
January Lessons
10 years ago
3 comments:
I love Grant's impersonations of Mommy. That is too cute!
Hey there! It's great to hear from you. From the looks of your blog, your beautiful boys keep you very busy! It's wonderful to see you so blessed!
I am SO glad you're enjoying Drew so much! It's truly a joy to have him so happy, as I know going from 1 to 2 kiddos is a challenge.
They are both beautiful, sweet boys!
Post a Comment