Sunday, April 26, 2009

Girls and boys

Grant pretty much understands the difference between girls and boys; if you ask him (for example), "Is Jacob a girl or boy?" he will usually say the right thing (sometimes after thinking about it for a second!). And when he's referring to his teachers or some other girls, he'll usually say "she" to refer to them.

But he hasn't quite grasped the concept of sisters and brothers yet. He knows that his friend Jacob has a sister named Catherine (he'll ask, "where's Jacob?" then right afterwards, "where's Catherine?"). Today we were in the car and I asked him, "what's Jacob's sister's name?" He said her name. Then I asked, "Do you have a sister?" He said, "Name's Drew." Then I asked, "Is Mommy a girl or a boy?" And he said, "No, you're Mommy." So I guess I am neither!

Also, Drew has been so chatty this weekend.....today he said very clearly, "da da da da!" Dean happened to be right there in front of him, but I really don't think he was calling Dean "da da." If Drew is anything like his older brother, he won't say much of anything for another 7 or 8 months!

0 comments: