Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Our trip, part two: the rehearsal dinner.....

We have successfully completed two days now since Dean's been back at work. It has gone okay....for some reason, I'm always nervous when I'm about to have the boys all to myself after Dean's taken some time off (almost as if I've never been alone with both of them before!). But Grant definitely prefers Daddy right now over me! He asks where Dean is during the day, and when Dean's home he acts like I'm not even here. He wants Dean to play with him and help him with everything. Oh well, at least Drew still likes me!! :)

Here are some more pictures from our trip.....here's Dean with the boys before the rehearsal dinner (you can clearly see in this picture how Drew is losing a lot of hair, except on the sides! It looks funny and people have commented a few times that he looks like a hassidic Jew!). You'll also notice that almost every picture of Grant from this trip shows him sucking on his pacifier. He was tired and wouldn't stand for it to be taken away from him almost the entire time.

Drew fell asleep for a few minutes here, a few minutes there. But the restaurant was loud and he had a hard time staying asleep. Dean and I (and his mom!) ate in shifts!! Not the most ideal situation, but we didn't really have any other options!
I think this is such a cute picture of Corie and Mom. Look at these desserts (apple cobbler and chocolate cake).....they were AMAZING!! Dean and I had to leave when they boys reached their final limit, and I only got to eat a few bites of mine. The sacrifices we make for our children..... :)
This is Memaw (Dean's grandmother) and his Aunt Janet:
Of course we get in the car to drive back to the hotel, and Grant cheered up and was in the greatest mood! He even took his paci out and smiled for the camera while I took pictures of him! That stinker......
I was going to also post pictures of the wedding day, but it frustrates me that blogger loads all of the pictures at the top of the post, and it loads them backwards (or LIFO, in accounting speak!). So you have to drag all of them to the right place. If anyone has any tips on how to avoid doing this (aside from planning before you upload), let me know! Anyway, I will post wedding day pictures the next time I have a chance. Now it's time to watch 24 (we didn't get a chance to watch it last night)......

4 comments:

EBPitcher said...

I post from Picasa. It's so much easier! Only issue is that it will only take so many in one post. Then you ahve to manually insert then in the Editor on BLogger. If you need help on how to do it, call me...

Alissa said...

Oooo....I didn't know Picasa could do that too. Another reason I need to download Picasa! Thanks, Erin!

Sara said...

I LOVE that last picture of Grant. What a great grin!

I don't have any tips for the photos... I've been frustrated with that, too.

Dorminey Days said...

I love all of your pictures. I'm so glad we can keep up with our little ones through blogs. Your boys are precious!