It's taken me a while to continue posting pictures of our vacation to Alabama!
Here's Corie after getting her makeup done that morning. She looked so pretty!!! By the way, Friday and Saturday were both so nice for me, because I got to leave my boys and actually do girly things with other girls (the bridesmaids' lunch, hair appointments, Corie's makeup appointment)....all by myself, without worrying about Drew getting fussy, hungry or tired.....and without worrying about Grant throwing a fit and embarrassing me! Like I've said before, I love my boys more than anything, but I had reached the tipping point before this vacation. These two days were such a breath of fresh air for me! And Dean was so good at carting the boys around downtown Birmingham.....which I know was not easy!
Anyway, here's Corie getting ready before pictures.....
Corie and Mom......
The ceremony took place at the front of the hotel, on this little circle drive. It was a perfect place, and the hotel was just beautiful.....perfect for a wedding. They got married up on these steps.....
Aren't her flowers and ring amazing?!
The boys stayed with a babysitter during the ceremony. They were both so tired, and neither did very well. So we picked them up after the ceremony was over (we could hear Drew crying from the cake room, which happened to be next to the babysitting room). We thought Grant would have a lot of fun at the reception, but he was very clingy to Daddy. They were both pretty out of sorts.....I guess that's what four nights (up to that point) of going to bed at 10-11pm will do to little kids! Anyway, here's a picture of the two of us.......
.......and a not-so-successful attempt at a family picture!
Steve and Jennifer!! By the way......I keep meaning to post this.....they got engaged a little over a week ago! So it was exactly a week after Corie's wedding. We are still waiting to hear when they're getting married, but we're so happy for them! This was a really cute picture of them....
One of Corie's bridesmaids, Stephanie, held Drew towards the end of the reception. He did really well for a while, but here he's not too excited about seeing Uncle Steve! By the way, all of you Bryan people.....doesn't Stephanie look like she could be Melissa and Rebecca P's sister?? Just something that struck me the first time I saw her....and never got over how much she looks like them!
Corie and Pat rode off in her Dad's old Packard.....this is actually how Corie and her dad arrived at the wedding too (Dad got her out of the car, then they walked down the aisle). Very cool! Grant was playing with Staci (Dean and Corie's cousin), and she's telling him to wave goodbye. I thought this picture turned out so cute!
January Lessons
10 years ago
7 comments:
Looks like it was a fun event. Love the old car, and you look beautiful!!
You look great! Very pretty dress. And you're right, Stephanie could easily pass for Melissa's sister.
I agree with everyone else - you look gorgeous! So does the bride. :) I'm glad you felt refreshed after the trip!
Looks like the whole family had a great time!
hey girl! looks like you guys had a nice time at the wedding- I do think Stephanie looks like she could be Rebs and my sister... funny... I ran into Christina Gutierrez a few weeks ago at a hockey game and it was really fun to see her- Laurel got married a two weekends ago- Christina said your parent's went- wish i wouldn't have lost contact with so many after high school...
Wow...makes me want to have another wedding just for the pretty flowers (same groom of course:)
Alissa you are GORGEOUS. Seriously -beautiful.
Did Dean say "HOT mama!"?
Post a Comment