Friday, April 3, 2009

Quick update

No pictures.....I have had so little free time to do much of anything in the way of blogging or pictures in the past two weeks! This week the boys and I spent a couple of nights up at my parents' house, just to get some time away. Dean is working long hours at work, and I needed to get away or else I was going to go crazy!

It was nice to have a change of scenery and to get some help with the boys. Today we went to my friend Sierra's house to play (she has two little kids too, so we help each other to feel normal!), then the boys and I went to Kemah for the afternoon. Grant enjoyed watching the boats and the little train, and he loved looking at the fish in the Aquarium restaurant. He was pointing them out to Drew: "You see that big shark, Drew?"

We're going to an Easter egg hunt tomorrow, and then hopefully to take some pictures in the bluebonnets. The time has gone so fast this spring.....I forget that it's that time of year already! I'll be on my own with the boys this weekend, so hopefully I can successfully take their pictures and get them to cooperate! It will definitely be an adventure.

Drew had his 6-month checkup yesterday.....he is doing fine and handled his shots very well. He weighs 18 lbs, 10 oz, and all of his measurements are in the 60s, percentile-wise. Then last night was the first night I let him cry himself back to sleep in the middle of the night. He woke up at midnight (I fed him then), but then he woke up at 4am......I went into his room, patted his back, and went back to sleep! I know he cried for a while, but I just can't let him get into the habit of waking up in the middle of the night. Grant did this from about 7-11 months, and I don't want to go down that road again!

But I did notice this morning that his little front left tooth is about to pop out! So....now that I think of it.....if he wakes up tonight, I may feed him and give him some Tylenol, just in case he's really in pain!

Okay, more later. It has been a rough couple of weeks and I feel like a zombie. We are really looking forward to our trip next week to Corie's wedding!

1 comments:

CS said...

I can't wait to see you, Dean, and the boys!!