Friday, March 26, 2010

Brothers

These little guys have been acting so silly. They're definitely playmates now.....Grant cares a lot about Drew, and he thinks of him as a friend instead of just his baby brother. They both instigate little games with the other (which usually involves tackling of some kind), and I'd say that they spend probably half of their playtime together. Now, about half of this time is spent fighting, but I guess that's probably a fact of life with brothers. They usually start off playing well, but what starts as a "game" gets a little bit frustrating to Drew, and before too long he's screaming. Or Drew might be playing with some toy, and Grant snaps it up when Drew puts it down for a second. So I'm constantly having to play referee, which is awfully tiring. And did I mention that they are VERY loud? Again, I'm just starting to realize that along with boys comes a lot of screaming.

For the most part, Grant is very good with Drew. He likes to play the part of "mommy," in a way, by asking him in a sweet voice, "Do you need some juice, Drew?" or at the end of a meal, "Are you ready to get down?" Then Drew nods his head, and Grant will tell me, "Mommy, Drew's done." Today at an Easter Egg hunt Drew fell on the sidewalk as we were leaving, and Grant went over and kissed each of his hands. Here are some cute pictures I took on St. Patrick's Day (see how behind I am with pictures?). Drew thought it was so funny to slap Grant on the head after dinner, and Grant played right along, acting like he was hurt, then coming right back for more!





Then Grant forced Drew to hit himself in the face with his own hand, which they also thought was hilarious!

Whew! That was tiring!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Rob and Leah said...

I love their shirts! I know what you mean about the noise. The boy screaming really gets to me sometimes! I like a quiet house!