1. Even though Grant goes to school on Monday and Wednesday, his teachers invited all the MW kids to come to school today for their special pajama day. They set up a tent in the classroom and had s'mores for their snack, as if they were on a camping trip. They also invited the MW kids to come a couple of weeks ago on a Thursday for the class Valentine's party. I'm so grateful to the teachers because I know that it's hard work for them to have those extra kids in the classroom those days (and we're obviously not paying for them!).
2. While Grant was at school, Drew came with me to Marshall's to return a shirt. He woke up at 5:30am and never went back to sleep in bed with me, so he was tired. I realized as I was getting my refund that he had fallen asleep in my arms. Yay!! Time to shop! I had planned on leaving, but instead I was able to browse for about 30 minutes while Drew slept in my arms. It is such a special treat to be able to spend time shopping these days; I am always so hurried and distracted when I have the boys with me. And our Marshall's is so fun now; I think it's gotten leaps and bounds better in the past couple of years, and now I'm becoming addicted to the place!
3. Warm weather! Finally! Until about a week ago, I was enjoying the cold temperatures, knowing that summer is only a few months away. But all of a sudden, I'm sick of it. I'm so tired of being freezing cold in our house, where I can't stay warm without wearing a blanket around my shoulders! So this 60+ degree weather feels heavenly.....and hopefully the 70s will come soon. I know I will be regretting saying this in a few months.....but it's been a long, cold winter (for Texas) and it makes me glad I don't live in a climate where a winter like this would be considered mild!
4. Dean had a dinner for work last night, so the boys and I were on our own all day, and Dean didn't get home until past bedtime. I get so short-tempered with the boys when I have to go all day by myself (I'm not sure how I'm going to make it when he has turnaround for two weeks in April). But today he's (hopefully) coming home at a normal time, and he's off tomorrow. Yay!
5. Healthy kids- I receive CaringBridge updates for two little girls fighting cancer. Reading their stories and their parents' feelings of fear and uncertainty (such a roller coaster of emotions), I can't imagine going through something like that with my child. I look at my boys and am so thankful that God has given me healthy kids, and that my struggles are so much more mundane. It helps to keep my frustrations in perspective, and it's a good reminder not to take their health for granted.
January Lessons
10 years ago
4 comments:
I can completely appreciate the time to shop without trying to wrangle a kid. And isn't it special to hold your baby in your arms while he sleeps? Aislynn has been so good about putting herself to bed at night or during the day for a nap. It's nice not to fight her but sometimes I miss just holding her and watching her dream.
I'm with you on the weather -- I've had it with the cold and dreary stuff. I used to think I loved winter best, but that's changing as I get older! I can't wait for 80 degrees!!
I'm with you on everything.
I love the spring and fall best, but because we get a mere 3 days of perfect weather in each, I'm resigned to loving winter (because God knows I don't love summer!).
And yes, every night, I pray many thanks for healthy kids. To imagine what those parents are going through is so heartbreaking.
Your warm weather comment cracks me up b/c I feel the same way! I've always wanted to move to a colder state but after this winter, I'll keep Texas. :) It's just so much harder w/kids to deal w/cold weather! I just don't remember feeling that way last summer, but I also didn't have a toddler who wanted to be outside all the time either! Yay for the 70's!!
Post a Comment