Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Big Boy!

First, we are now t-minus four months until our due date! Yikes! October 3 will be here before we know it, and most likely we'll already have a baby at that point (if he's anything like Grant, who came two weeks early). I get excited when I think what he might look like, and I love thinking about names (we still haven't decided!) and thinking about how we're going to decorate the room. But it's also somewhat bittersweet, realizing that my relationship with Grant will have to change a little bit. He has become very attached to Dean at times (some days he cries really hard when Dean leaves in the morning!), but he's still very much a mommy's boy. Just knowing that I won't be able to put him to bed every night and I won't be able to spend undivided time with him during the day anymore is a little sad to me! So I'm trying to really enjoy every day we still have, and I'm not trying to mentally rush things.


Grant is doing more big boy things every day! For a couple of weeks, putting him into his highchair had become a battle (not every time, but not infrequently). It was becoming a source of frustration for me, and we thought he might enjoy sitting in his booster seat at the table. If we had owned this house (with an informal kitchen table) when Grant was born, I never would've bought a highchair....they take up so much room. But at the time, we ate on our formal dining room furniture, so it made sense to have a separate highchair at the time (I didn't want peas and spaghetti sauce on our nice chairs!). But I've been wanting to get the highchair phased out anyway, so we gave this a try. He loves it!

In these pictures, we used the tray.....we also have tried just pulling him up to the table and putting his plate on the table, but I don't think he's quite ready for that! He's doesn't understand that his food is supposed to stay on his plate. And sometimes when he's done, he'll just start playing and turning his plate upside down. Or he gets upset and tries to throw it!

Here he's eating a whole peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It's so cute seeing him trying to hold it and taking little bites of it!
During Memorial Day weekend, we also bought Grant his toddler bed! Dean set it up this past weekend, but we won't transition Grant into it for at least a couple more months. He hasn't showed any signs of trying to climb out of his crib, so I'm not in a rush to switch him.....but pretty soon we won't have a choice!!

0 comments: