Saturday, June 28, 2008

So proud of my little boy!

I am so proud of Grant.....he did wonderful in the nursery all week! His teachers were two ladies he's never stayed with before (Laura and Tina), and every day they said that he was "a joy to have". Wow!! We've never heard this comment when we've dropped Grant off before! He always cried the first few minutes, but then was able to calm down. I think a big difference was that this week, he was actually in a class with kids right around his age (and not 5-6 months younger, who aren't walking or are just starting to walk). So they went outside a lot to play, which was probably a good distraction for him.

Yesterday I accidentally spotted him (and he spotted me) while my VBS kids were in music time, and his class was taking a buggy ride. I went out and stood with them for a few minutes while they watched music. Tina (his teacher) told me that he had been a social butterfly.....he waved or pointed to people he recognized as he rode on the buggy. And when the songs played at music time, he'd shake side to side in his little seat.....this is his version of dancing (he doesn't do much more than this when he's standing up!).

At the end of every day, after I picked him up, he wanted to take off running around the halls. He'd try to walk in classrooms, push buttons on the elevator, and had so much energy even though it was almost 1pm and he hadn't slept all day! This alone was a sign that he had a good time.....usually he's so upset in the nursery that he's exhausted and doesn't want me to put him down for even a second.

Yay!! Hopefully this means he will do okay in mother's day out when I put him in (I'm trying to decide if I should do it in the fall or wait until January......).

0 comments: