Saturday, June 28, 2008

Here are some overdue pictures from a few weeks ago. During the first week of June, Grant and I went down to Moody Gardens' Palm Beach area with a few friends. I bought a season pass.....kids under 4 are free, and I only have to pay $25 for the entire summer. What a good deal! Moody Gardens is about 35 miles from our house, so I end up using about 4 gallons of gas to get there and back (which these days is pretty expensive!). But I'm going to try to go once every two weeks with him.....we already made our second trip last week, and I think we'll go when Dean takes a few days off around July 4.

The place is really neat.....it's like a water theme park designed especially for little kids. They have a couple of big pools, plus an area with slides and another area with all kinds of things that splash water all over them! Grant has been a little apprehensive when we first get there each time. And he's still not crazy about the slides, but last week he got to the point where he would just run out into the pools with no fear. Yikes!

Playing with Daddy on the couch later that night.......he fell while we were at Palm Beach and scraped up his nose pretty good (it will be more obvious in later pictures from our trip to AL).


My parents came to visit the following Monday, June 9. Grant entertained them for a while (it usually takes him a few minutes to warm up to visitors, but then he gets into show-off mode!). Then we went to the pool that afternoon. I don't have any pool pictures, but he had a great time and really enjoyed sitting in his float.

Afterwards, we came back to the house and Grant found my dad's shoes. He figured out how to put them on and was busy walking around with them on for the next ten minutes. Ever since, he has been enamored with shoes! He takes ours out of our closets and tries to put them on. It's especially funny looking when he grabs one of my strappy heeled shoes and attempts to wear those!!






My mom took videos of him, and he got very curious as to what she was looking at!

0 comments: