Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Small victory in the nursery!

Today was my first day to work at Vacation Bible School at our old church. We left this church a couple of months ago, but I still do a lot of stuff up there.....I have my Right at Home moms study there, and I'm planning on enrolling Grant in their Mother's Day Out in the fall.

Anyway, I wasn't really looking forward to today because VBS lasts from 8:15 to 12:30. Grant usually takes one long nap these days, but he's usually getting really tired by 11am or so. So I assumed he'd have a major meltdown in the nursery (he still doesn't do great in the nursery on a regular basis anyway). I told his teachers repeatedly to page me if he cried or needed to be held continuously after 11am.

While our group of kids were in music, I took a walk down Grant's hallway (I know, this is exactly what parents are NOT supposed to do!) to see if I could hear him crying, or to see if they were outside or on a buggy ride. This was at around 11:15....and sure enough, they were coming down the hallway in the buggy. I guessed wrong about which way they'd turn, and he saw me for a second and started crying. Thankfully he stopped a minute later as they kept walking! At 12:30 when VBS ended, I went to pick him up (and apologized profusely to his teachers for being a nosy parent). They said he did very well the entire day! He played a lot, ate snacks, and was very good! He was standing at the doorway, not crying or fussing, when I came to pick him up. Wow!!!!

Hopefully this will continue tomorrow.....we have Wednesday and Friday still to go, but I was so encouraged after today!

0 comments: