Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Evan's Party

First, some pictures from Evan's party, and then an update of this week.....

The birthday boy!! The party was a train theme, so Evan looked like a little conductor!

Grant loved playing with Evan's new train set, and also with his Thomas flashlight. He carried this thing around with him for so long.....poor Evan's toys were used by the time he finally got to play with them! Evan's cousin Sophie is the little girl in the picture.....
He found the cupcakes!!
That little stinker kept (quietly) reaching up onto the counter to get more frosting, before we realized what he was up to!

This is Leah's good friend Brooke.....Grant had never met her before but formed an attachment with her! Towards the end of the party he'd grab her hand and tug her along with him wherever he wanted to go!
Rob and Evan.....Evan looks so much like Rob when he was little (at least to me!).
Evan and Grant playing together after the party.....Grant loved these little water bottles.....I think it made him feel like a big boy to drink out of them!

The kiss!! If only Grant hadn't had his paci in his mouth!
Me and Leah.....
Me and Rob.....
Grant only slept for about 45 minutes on the way home and was actually quite fussy. But for some reason, he perked up once we got into Houston and was all smiles! Here, we were getting gas, and Dean kept making faces at him from outside the car (Grant loved it....why couldn't he have been this happy during the whole car ride??!).

Now an update from this week, which has flown by.....Grant had a high fever on Monday for a little while but never showed any real symptoms (except that he fell asleep on my lap on the couch, which means he really didn't feel good.....he never does that anymore!). His fever was gone by Tuesday, although he's still acted very fussy and tired this week.

I had my checkup with my OB on Monday.....thankfully he still thinks I'm 2cm dilated and no more than 50% effaced (whereas his nurse practitioner thought it was more like 70% last week.....). Hopefully this means I can make it to the 22nd, when I'm tentatively scheduled to be induced!

I probably shouldn't have dropped Grant off at Mother's Day Out on Tuesday since he had a fever within the past 24 hours, but I am a bad mom and did it anyway! I had an eye appointment at 9:30am, so in my defense, I wouldn't have taken him if it weren't for that. And I picked him up immediately after my appointment was over......so I'm not THAT bad, right?? I just knew it would turn out horribly if I had tried to take him with me. It was SO nice being able to ask the doctor questions.....and I spent as much time as I needed afterwards looking for glasses.

By the way.....for any pregnant women.....my eye doctor told me (I never knew this) that it's not good for your eyes to wear contacts when you're pregnant, and especially during labor (and for a month afterwards). I've noticed that my eyes have been really dry lately, so I'm planning on wearing my glasses for at least the next 6 weeks or so. Just an FYI, to anyone who wears contacts and may not have known that!

And....lastly.....we are keeping our eyes on Ike. I couldn't believe today that the projected path has come up towards Houston again. I know it will likely change again, though......and even on the news tonight, they made no mention of any evacuations in Harris County (we live in southeast Houston, so we're in one of the storm surge areas). I'm definitely hoping for some much-needed rain, but hopefully it will stay far enough away to spare us the strong winds! My worst fear is that I'd go into labor on Saturday morning and be forced to drive in 75 mph winds to get to the hospital! And, we're supposed to go to the Astros' game on Friday night with my friend Margaret and a lot of her family. Her family has an entire box for that game, and they invited us to go. Dean has been looking forward to it so much, so I hope we can still go (even though it's not looking very likely now....).

And....one more thing....I found out tonight that Grant's Mother's Day Out is canceled for tomorrow because of the storm. Waaaahhhh!! Grant has been really pushing my buttons (especially today) and I was very much looking forward to a break tomorrow! Oh well, maybe we will go and get donuts in the morning (that always makes for a fun adventure and gets us out of the house for at least a little while......).

3 comments:

katy said...

Stay safe, Alissa. I heard this morning that some Harris County zip codes are now under evacuation orders. Is that you?

shalonda said...

okay blog stalker coming out of hiding here...i am a highschool friend of leahs thats how i got to yalls blog. i dont know where in houston you live but i live in the spring area, and i have two girls a little closer in age than your boys will be, my oldest is 22 months and my baby is 8 weeks today, anyhow, if you ever want to chat or need support once the baby is here please feel free to contact me, believe me you may need an ear or a hand soon! our blog is private but if you email me at shay2oo2@hotmail.com (those are lowercase letter o's) i can give you permission to get in.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Alissa! It was good to see you last weekend at Evan's birthday party. :) How did you all do through the Hurricane? I hope you all are well!