Friday, September 5, 2008

Please pray that I don't kill Dean tonight!!

I know this sounds vain and is not a big deal in the scheme of things, but right now it seems like a big deal and I'm so sad. Tonight when Dean was bathing Grant, he cut his hair.....he has definitely needed it for a while, and I've made a couple of appointments to get both Grant's and my hair cut in the past week, but I've had to cancel them because Dean hasn't been able to leave work to come with us (and we definitely need an extra pair of hands to help with haircuts!).

Well, Dean cut it tonight in the bath, and it is very short. I think the front and sides look fine, but he cut about 2 inches straight off the back.....meaning that all of Grant's cute curls are gone.....all of them! Again, this sounds very vain of me, but I loved Grant's shaggy hair and it was shocking to see it all gone, without even any warning. And what's worse is that he still needs a haircut, because now it's all the same length in the back, making it look like that awful 70s-style haircut (if you've seen the movie "No Country for Old Men," think about the hairstyle of the bad guy). I tried to trim and layer it a little bit, but I was scared I'd make it look even more weird.

Anyway, again, we could have MUCH bigger issues than this, and I guess in a day or two I'll be over it. But I'm sure Grant won't have curly hair forever, and I was hoping to enjoy it for a little bit longer! Who knows.....maybe it will grow in curly again. I told Dean he could never touch Grant's hair again.....poor thing, he was just trying to be helpful and I guess he didn't realize that my definition of a "trim" and his are much different!

2 comments:

Kier's Serendipity said...

Dean--Good for your for taking inititive and saving money. From Cheap Father to Be, Sean Kier

katy said...

Oh no!!! Alissa, I totally get why you're sad. I know Dean was just trying to be helpful. Poor husbands -- they never know when something they've done with the very best intentions will just set us off. I'm crossing my fingers for you that his hair comes in curly again.