Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day of School and Happy Birthday Evan!

First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our sweet nephew Evan! Hope you have a good birthday, and we look forward to seeing you on Saturday!

Today was Grant's first day of school! I got a little teary-eyed as he woke up this morning, and I also teared up a little bit as we pulled into the parking lot. But after dropping him off, I got distracted by talking to friends, so I was fine when I left the parking lot! And it was a great feeling to have three free hours in my day! I went shopping at resale shops for a couple of things I still need for Drew (without much success). But it's so much easier to get errands done without taking Grant along with me!

Here are some pictures of Grant with his backpack and lunchbox as we were getting ready to leave this morning:


He only stayed from 9am to 12pm....they don't stay until 2pm until next week. While we walked down the hallway towards his room in the morning, we could hear kids crying all over the place! And in his classroom, there were three kids standing by the door just sobbing, plus another little girl crying while being held by her mom outside the door! Grant cried as I handed him off to his teacher, but a friend told me a few minutes later said that he was doing fine when she walked by his room.

I picked him up at around 11:55, and Grant was the last one to be picked up! His teachers said he did great! Apparently when they went outside to play, Grant lifted up his hands and screamed "outside!" I've never heard Grant say the entire word "outside," so this would be a first! Most likely he said "ide," but it didn't surprise me that he was excited to be able to play outside.....at home, he begs to go outside more times per day than I can count!

And.....that boy has no fear! He has started doing this regularly: when I pick him up, he wants to get out of my arms and run all over the place. Today I could hardly keep up with him! He'd take off running and never even look back to see if I was following him. So we walked around the church and played a little more before getting in the car (where he fell asleep after less than five minutes!). Anyway, I was so happy that he had a successful first day!

Here is a belly picture we took on Sunday (Aug 31)- 36 weeks according to my doctor's due date of Sept 26, and 35 weeks according to my original due date of Oct 3:
I went to my weekly checkup yesterday, and I met with the nurse practitioner (my doctor is out of town this week). She thinks I'm about 2cm dilated now, and 70% effaced. Last week, I made an appointment to be induced on Sept 22 (my birthday!), when I'll be over 39 weeks pregnant. Yesterday the nurse practitioner said she'd be surprised if I make it that far! I hope I do.....I still don't feel mentally ready yet, although I feel like I'm getting closer. I'm definitely getting excited to meet little Drew......I'm just not sure I'm ready for all the changes that will come with him!

1 comments:

The Eges said...

What's funny is that the 22nd is the day I am 38 weeks, and it's looking likely I will be induced somewhere around 38 weeks. So even though we're probably not going to our due dates, they may still be born very close to each other! Can't wait to find out!