We moved to our new house on Friday, so I'm just now getting my first chance to use the computer. It's been a hectic past week, but we're in our house and we love it! Dean's parents were here from Wednesday through Sunday to help, and we definitely couldn't have done it without them. There were a couple little bumps in the road....our electricity was cut off on Friday at 10am while we were at our new house for our final inspection. The TXU representative had told me that it would definitely be in the mid-afternoon, but apparently she was wrong! So our house was sweltering while we were moving. And our movers weren't able to fit everything onto their truck, so Dean and his dad (and our old neighbor Richard) made three or four extra trips bringing the rest of the furniture over here. They didn't finish until after 9pm....so it was a very long day! We also lost a bag containing some pillows and the quilt for our bed. And the movers could only fit two of our dining room chairs on their truck.....but one of those chairs is SO scuffed up! The guy even admitted that they ran out of blankets to cover them!! It's very noticable, so we're thinking they're just going to have to replace the chair. They'd better!!! So it was a little bit frustrating with all that happened, but my mom said that everybody always has moving stories. So I guess things rarely go perfectly!
Grant also came down with some kind of nasty virus....he started acting fussy and had a little fever on Saturday. We assumed it was teething, but Sunday night he felt especially hot. His temp on Monday morning was 102.5, so I took him to the doctor. His doctor has seen a virus going around that starts off without many symptoms (at least that are noticable in a baby). But it progresses into a cold after a few days. So we'll have to see if he's right! Anyway, Grant has just been upset and very fussy these past couple of days (and nights), which has taken its toll on me too. Last night he slept horribly (couldn't even get comfortable in my arms while I rocked him) and he woke up this morning with a fever of 103.7! The nurse said this was hopefully the peak of it.
Okay, this is much longer than I intended! I will try to upload a picture or two of our house in the next few days. And apparently I need to add back the ability to make comments. I got one wierd comment from someone speaking Portuguese one time, so it freaked me out and I removed all comments! But I may try it again. Hope to talk to all of you soon.....
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment