Now that Grant's almost 19 and a half months old, I figured I needed to write about what he's doing at this age.
- In the past few days, Dean and I have started calling Grant "Dr. No." He says "no" all the time, to almost every question we ask him! Sometimes he knows what we're asking and he really means "no" (like when we suggest something he doesn't want to do). But other times, he'll also say no when we ask him general questions like "is your milk good?" About 10 days ago we were having a bad day and I lost my temper with him. Then I picked him up and apologized and asked, "will you forgive me?" He shook his head and (very sure of himself) said, "no." I know he didn't understand what I was asking him, so it didn't hurt my feelings.....it was more funny than anything!
- (Related to the last point)- When I can tell that Grant needs a diaper change, I'll ask him if he's gone poopy. He'll pull up his shirt on the side (without even looking down), shakes his head, and says very simply, "no." What a little liar!!
- One of his favorite things to say these days is "let's go!" When we're about to leave to go out, he loves to say this over and over again! It sounds more like "deh doh," but he's so proud of himself when he does it!
- He loves to wave and say "bye!" He does this when people are walking (or driving) away, but he also does it if he starts walking up the stairs (he'll look at us and do it). Or when we're in the front yard, he'll start walking down the sidewalk, looking back every 10 feet or so to wave and say goodbye. And lately, he likes to wave and say goodbye to his poopy (if it's dry enough in his diaper to flush it!). Then he'll pull some pieces of toilet paper and throw it down into the toilet behind it!
- If he hurts himself, he says "oww." Then he'll come up to me or Dean, stick out his hand or foot and expects us to kiss it!
- He knows the number two!! He'll go pick up two balls (or two of the same of anything), and he holds them up high on his chest and says "two!" We haven't tried teaching him how to count yet, and he hasn't figured out the number three yet!
- For a few months, he has enjoyed being chased. But lately, he runs straight into the dining room and hides in one corner of the dining room table.....every time! We pretend that we don't know where he is, and we'll look in a lot of places before "finding" him (or until he jumps out to scare us).
- I've pretty much gotten him down to one long nap per day....yay! He usually goes to sleep somewhere between 10:30am and noon, and he'll sleep for 1.5 to 2.5 hours. Bedtime has gotten a little later recently.....by the time I play with him in his crib, he usually is going to sleep right around 9pm. And he doesn't like to read many books.....he just wants to get in his crib and play!
- In mid-late June, his top and bottom canine teeth started poking through on the left side. Still no sign of the ones on the right....
- Some words he's just picked up: mower (he says "mow" when he sees any lawn mower), eye (he'll point to/poke our eyes and say it!), shoe, bike, boat two, brush (we've been painting and he loves to play with brushes). And I'm sure there are others I'm not thinking of right now!
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment