Dean just went back to work today after a long weekend at home. He took his first two official vacation days all year.....he has been working like crazy! So he deserved a couple of days off. Unfortunately, he probably feels like every time he's home, there are a million projects for him to work on! There are so many little things we need to get done before Drew comes, so every weekend Dean has been working on something......painting rooms (we've done three upstairs rooms and have the nursery left to go), putting together furniture (Grant's toddler bed and new dresser), and hanging drapes (in the guest room). He's really a good sport, though....he is always willing to work on my to-do list, even when he would much rather rest! I know this might change when football season starts, though.....so I need to take advantage of his willingness while I can!
Here are some pictures of our bedroom and study. I don't have a picture of the guest room yet. We love the colors we chose and we think it makes the rooms feel much warmer. Yesterday, we finished tearing down the border in Grant's room (the nursery), so all we have left to do is paint in there.This green appears a little bit more pastel than it actually is....
Here's a belly picture from a couple of days ago. Most people still say that I don't look like I'm 28 weeks pregnant. I guess that's good....but I have gained about 30 pounds already. Yikes!!! It's sad when you don't even weigh 10 pounds less than your husband!
Here's a picture we took of Grant yesterday. He was SO proud of himself here.....he loves to try to stack blocks (and anything else he can find!). Yesterday morning we were getting ready to go to Galveston, and Grant ran into our room, wanting us to come back with him and look at what he did. He's able to stack about 5 or 6 of these clear blocks on top of each other, but this time he got creative and put one of his stacking cups on top! The only bad thing is that he gets VERY frustrated when the blocks fall while he's stacking them. We're trying to teach him that it's okay, and to just try again. When he's really proud of himself, he'll point to it and smile over and over again!
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment