Saturday, July 12, 2008

Grant doesn't like watching TV very much at all. Early in my pregnancy, I would have loved for him to lay on the couch with me and watch a cartoon for 30 minutes! But no, he will rarely watch something for more than just a few minutes. He just wants to be running around and playing, and doesn't have the patience for TV.

Well, we've finally found something that he LOVES to watch! This started a few weeks ago. Whenever a freecreditreport.com commercial comes on (the ones where the 20-something guy plays his guitar with his two sidekick friends), Grant stops dead in his tracks, runs to the TV and stares at it until it's over. Sometimes he dances to the song, but more often he just watches it, mesmerized. We have rewind/record capability with our cable, so about a week ago I asked if he wanted to see it again after it ended. He watched it probably 12 times or so, over and over again! So now whenever one of these commercials comes on, he runs to the TV to watch it. Then as soon as it finishes (or sometimes before it's even over), he turns to us, points to the TV, and says "watch," meaning he wants to watch it again!

The one we've seen the most lately is the one where the guy is stuck working in a seafood restaurant because a hacker stole his identity.....needless to say, Dean and I have all of the words memorized! I don't think I've ever seen one commercial so many times! We'll also notice that the song is playing OVER AND OVER in our heads, hours after we've watched it. They're very catchy tunes.....it's definitely a good advertising campaign!

0 comments: