Sunday, July 27, 2008

A first!!

Today we visited Bay Area Presbyterian Church for the 5th time. We've really been enjoying meeting so many great people there, and I'm pretty sure we're going to join at some point soon. Grant has done really well in the nursery (in general) in the past few months, and today was his best day EVER (in any nursery!). We took him to his room to drop him off, and usually when he sees the ladies coming to get him, he'll turn and hold tightly onto Dean and start crying. Today, there was an older lady named Eunice who we had never met before. She held out her hands and asked Grant if he wanted to come to her, and he held his arms out and went right to her!!!! Yes, this is Grant I'm talking about! We signed him in and talked to her for a minute, then we said goodbye and Grant WAVED GOODBYE TO US! We never heard him cry as we walked away. I couldn't believe it!

Later, he was busy riding a rocking toy when we went to pick him up. We were told that Eunice (who only stayed in his room for the first hour) just loved him. He was the only child in the class at that hour, and she apparently thought he was the sweetest thing. I'm glad he at least acts that way around some people! :)

It makes me so much more optimistic about Mother's Day Out this fall. We've decided for sure to do it.....I am still a little concerned about how he'll react, since it starts pretty much the same time the baby is supposed to arrive. But he's been doing so much better when we leave him, and I know that I'm going to need some time to spend with just Drew when he comes. And....Grant gets so bored around our house, so I think some structured activities will be really fun for him. I just know it will be SO hard for me to leave him!

0 comments: