My little sugar bear is 6 months old today!! It's hard to believe. Here are some pictures and some details about what he's doing at 6 months.
About 10 days ago, he started sitting up on his own! One day, he was still very wobbly but figured out how to lay his arm down to the side to give himself some stability. Then the next day, he didn't need his arm anymore! It was exactly the same as Grant; one day it seemed like he was very wobbly, and the next day he could sit alone for minutes at a time!Being able to sit has given him some new freedom; he has already gotten really good at reaching for objects, then sitting back up. He likes being able to look around at everything around him.
He wakes up so happy (at least when he's not hungry!)....when I get him out of his crib, he's always looking around and he smiles SO big when he sees me (or Grant!).
My favorite smile: he opens his mouth really big and squints his eyes.....
I got the idea from Sara's blog to get one of these ducky tubs. Drew is outgrowing his infant tub, so I thought it would be good. Drew liked it, but Grant wasn't too wild about sharing his tub with his brother! He wanted to sit in the duck himself, and he threw a huge fit when we put Drew in there. So we haven't tried it again yet......
Drew is at the age where everything goes into his mouth, but nothing quite satisfies him! So he's constantly picking up one toy after another, then dropping it and picking up something else. He is drooling so much and his shirt (or belly) is always wet! Grant didn't get his first tooth until about 7.5 months, so we'll see if it takes a while longer.
He can play happily in his jumperoo and exersaucer for quite a while. He jumps quite a bit and usually makes lots of funny noises in there.
Sometimes Grant gets too excited and comes up to Drew and just screams at the top of his lungs. As you can imagine, it sometimes makes Drew start crying (and it really gets on my nerves too!).
Look at these chunky legs!Drew is a great napper.....his afternoon nap is routinely 1.5 to 2 hours (or sometimes longer). And then he takes a shorter morning nap, and sometimes another PM nap. Grant never napped longer than 30 minutes at this age. BUT.....Drew does not sleep nearly as well at night as Grant did! Until the past 10 days or so, he was getting maybe one or two nights a week where he'd sleep all the way through, but most nights he woke up around 4am. Well, the past couple of weeks he has been waking up much earlier, and multiple times per night! We are backsliding!
By now, I would have started letting him cry for longer periods, but I'm just not absolutely sure that he's not hungry. I'm not able to give him cereal much because I'm not able to pump very much. And he won't eat cereal made with formula. He eats baby food, but I'm wondering if it's enough.....he is a big boy (18 pounds, we think), and I know babies hit growth spurts around 6 months anyway. So I'd hate to let him cry when he is honestly hungry after sleeping for 5 hours!
So.....I'm taking him to his 6 month checkup on April 2, and will ask the doctor her opinion. It's a pain getting up sometimes in the middle of the night, but I really feel like I can't complain too much....at least he naps well. I probably will never have a child who is a perfect sleeper in all ways!
January Lessons
10 years ago
3 comments:
He's precious, Alissa! And growing oh so fast! I can't get over his little (or rather, big) legs!! That's a great photo right there. :)You have some cutie pies!
I absolutely love the legs. Happy 6 months, Drew! He's so cute!
He's gotten so big! I can't wait to see him sitting up!
Post a Comment