Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Update

For those of you who read the previous post, I wanted to write again and say that I am not going to have a nervous breakdown. At least not tonight. The rest of today wasn't great, but it was fine. Dean has a company dinner tonight, so I've just put the boys to bed and am about to go downstairs to read a book!

Thanks to you guys who wrote nice comments. Carissa asked about Mother's Day Out....Grant actually does go to MDO twice a week (he was there today while I was writing). So that IS nice, and it gives me almost five hours to get things done. Drew and I usually try to do an errand or two after dropping Grant off, then we come home to eat lunch and to allow Drew to nap. But while it is nice to have time alone with Drew, it still doesn't usually make me feel completely refreshed (like I would if I left both of them for five hours. But that would cost ALOT!)

Anyway, enough complaining for now! Here are a couple of pictures of both the boys on (or around) their six month birthdays. Even though we have hard days, I don't know what I'd do without these little guys!

Mother's Day 2007 (a few days short of six months):
March 22: Wow! Drew has lost so much more of his hair than Grant had by this point!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Alissa-
Not sure how far down in Houston you are, but Bryan is not that far, is it? might be worth the drive to have a day to relax at your parent's once every two weeks or so... fun day at the pool... with help, of course. That is of course if the kiddos do ok in the car- at the end of the day you could drive back and they might be so tuckered they would sleep- Just a thought- I know i don't have any idea (yet) what you are going through... but I was just thinking the drive might be worth it to get grandma's help

Sara said...

Hey there! Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in your frustrations! I'm right there with you! I'm glad you're able to vent it out a bit. Hopefully today will be a better day...full of happy little moments (and a longer 'in-sync' naptime!!) :)

Sara said...

I know I'm not the first to say it, but you're definitely not alone. Most days I question the sanity of anyone with more than one or two kids. How in the world do they do it, I wonder? I can't even handle two - much less 4 or 5!!

Most days I feel like a horrible mom and am pulling my hair out trying to give each kid the attention they deserve from me (and then feeling like a horrible wife for unloading all over Jimmy when he comes home). One of my friends once told me that worrying I'm a horrible mom is actually a sign that I'm probably a good mom - because it shows that I care about my kids and want the best for them. I like that thought. But it doesn't clean up the dried cheerios off the floor...

Hang in there! We're all in this together. One day when our kids drive us into a mental institution and we're all wearing white robes and talking to ourselves we can play dominoes together :)

Kristen said...

Your hair cut looks fabulous, if it's any consolation. :) Highlights too? They are both beautiful boys - everyone says it just gets easier and better - although getting through the newborn stage is my #1 goal right now!