I really don't like getting this far behind on the blog, because then with each passing day, I wonder how I'm going to explain in a nutshell all of the notable things that have happened in the however many days I've missed. But I've done it again.....last week was a good week, but I always had other things to do while the boys were napping. And I don't like being a complete hermit after the boys go to sleep, working on the computer for an hour and then going downstairs, only to find that Dean's on his way up to bed!
Anyway, here goes a short synopsis of last week. We had a fun time at a playdate on Monday with Melissa, Evan and Torin. Evan is a year older than Grant, and Torin is a few months older than Drew. Evan has tons of cars and trains, which of course thrilled Grant (and Evan loaned him a few cars when we left, which is nice because it's like getting brand new toys!). And Drew just LOVED Torin.....he is totally intrigued by other babies. They're close to the same size, and Drew kept crawling over to him, grabbing Torin's feet, cheeks, eyes, and anything else he could! He wants to play and make friends with every other baby he sees....I don't remember Grant being this way.
On Wednesday our friends Shannon, Graham and Kate came over. Grant and Graham always have fun playing together, and little Kate (3 months) fell asleep when we put her in the Bumbo chair....so cute!
Then on Wednesday during the boys' naps, I did my routine Craigslist search.....yes, I am a total Craigslist junkie when I have something on my mind that I want to buy. We had been looking for a sectional couch for our den, and I found one that day that was exactly what we were looking for. So I emailed the girl, and afraid that it would sell quickly (this happened to us the previous weekend), I packed the boys in the car as soon as their naps ended to go see the couch. Of course any time I find something on Craigslist, the item is either in Katy or north Cypress......both of which are about 50 miles away. This wasn't quite as far......and Dean was working late that day anyway, so I thought it would be a perfect time to go.
So we saw the couch (it was perfect and we went back the next day to pick it up), then I had also found a toy for Drew for his birthday that was literally down the street from the first house. Afterwards, we went to Nottingham Park......it's near Kirkwood and the Beltway for anyone reading this in Houston.....SO much fun! I wish we lived near a park like this.....there was a fun little kids' playground (with a place you could "order" food and sit down to eat). And the best part was a fun splashpad. Grant got himself soaking wet, but he loved running in the water. This was far different from last summer, when he was apprehensive of things that squirted water like this.
And then (I know this is getting very long but I want to record this for my own sake) we stopped at Memorial Park to have dinner on the way home. This is one of my top 10 favorite places in Houston.....before we got married, I lived close and went there to jog all the time. I hadn't been there in over 4 years, and it felt a little strange showing up with two small kids (just because my life was so much different the last time I was there!). Anyway, we found this new playground, and the boys had fun.....Drew enjoyed crawling through the tunnels, and Grant was riding down slides head-first.
One funny thing......at one point we were walking past a picnic table (with a lady sitting there), and I looked over to see Grant's hand inside a plastic bag, grabbing a chip, then sticking it in his mouth before I could tell him to put it back! I was flabbergasted.....I yelled at him a little bit and profusely apologized to the woman, who was gracious and just kind of laughed. Well, Grant just started sobbing.....I thought it was weird because he normally doesn't get upset like that when I get mad at him (usually he responds in anger). He didn't stop crying, so finally I picked him up and carried him back to our spot. Then I noticed that he'd spit out the chip (it was stuck to his face), and he told me that his mouth hurt. I smelled a strong hint of jalapeno right at that same time. I felt bad but couldn't stop laughing! I finally got him to drink some water and eat some grapes, and he was fine after a minute. But hopefully it was a good lesson for him!
Okay, that is enough for now! That was much longer than I intended, and I only made it through Wednesday (although that was, by far, our most exciting day). A picture of our new couch coming soon.....
January Lessons
10 years ago
3 comments:
Yay -- sounds like you've had an eventful, fun few days! I wish we lived near a really awesome park/playground. We've got the typical stuff here, which James enjoys, but I'd love to take him somewhere more exciting!
That chip story is hilarious! I bet you were so mortified! :) Kids are awesome.
Thanks for the bday wishes! Another one down, but this one was possibly the best bday ever. :)
So impressed with your Craig's list finds! I look on their too...I was looking for a swing like the one you got Drew, but didn't really find one close to us. You're so frugal - I need to take pointers. If you ever find something in Cypress you want, come on out and see us while you're at it! :)
ok, their = there. Ugh, grammar.
Post a Comment