Thursday, August 27, 2009

Nasty bug

A nasty stomach bug has gotten Grant with a vengeance. Poor thing....at lunch today he mentioned he didn't feel good and wanted to be excused. (He didn't even eat all of his cheese, which is a bad sign). But he got out of his chair and started playing again, so I went ahead and decided to go to the post office, like I had planned.

No sooner had we walked into the post office (both boys in the stroller) did Grant start asking me to carry him. The second time he asked, I took him out of his stroller just as he threw up all over the place. Remnants of hot dog, cheese and grapes were all over the carpet (with the tile just a few inches away). At least it missed the stroller, though....I guess that was good!

So we came straight home....he threw up again on the way home, and has been continually tonight. His stomach is empty but he still tries. Poor little guy. He can't even keep any Gatorade down.

We feel so bad for him while also hoping we don't get the same thing (especially Drew, who grabbed Grant's sippy cup and starting drinking from it). Meet the teacher day at school is tomorrow.....we'll definitely miss that, but hopefully he'll be better for school next Tuesday!

4 comments:

EBPitcher said...

Oh, no! Make him suck on ice chips! Or make some ice (clear) popsicles. When I get this, it's often the only thing I can keep down. At least it will help with possible dehydration.
-EBP-

Sara said...

Oh, hon I'm so sorry! Hang in there - hope he's feeling better soon!!

Kier's Serendipity said...

Oh no fun!

Rob and Leah said...

Hopefully he's better now...poor thing. We're y'all spared?