Thursday, August 6, 2009

Super cute

Erin and John came over today to play.....Erin is GREAT at photography and tried teaching me a few things. I have a good camera and a lot of my pictures happen to turn out well, in spite of the fact that I don't know the first thing about aperture, shutter speed, or any of that. But Erin knows her stuff.....and she has an amazing camera on top of it. Drew was clingy to me all morning (he was like this yesterday when my parents were here too.....), and this is a perfect picture to show it. All the credit goes to Erin for this one! I told her that I was glad I shaved my legs this morning (but my goodness.....does my knee look dirty or what?!).
Something not so super cute......Grant didn't have such a stellar day. He's been fighting going to sleep lately.....he'll play up in his room before naps and bedtime for hours (literally) sometimes before finally going to sleep. Today I thought he was asleep for his nap when I heard him making noise. So I come up to see him 1) out of his room, 2) without a diaper on, 3) talking loudly under Drew's door (which caused Drew to wake up and start crying after only sleeping for an hour). As I walked up the stairs, I smelled a strong whiff of poopy. Grant had removed his (clean) diaper, then proceeded to go poopy on top of some of his toys. Then he stepped on it, spreading it across the floor when he walked.

Man, was I fit to be tied. Not only had he pooped on his floor, but then he came out of his room (he's figured out how to break the childproof door handle cover) and purposely woke Drew up. An accident like this would be one thing if he was 18 months old, but he definitely knows better (and is capable of controlling when and where he goes to the bathroom....at least better than this!). I was so livid.....I don't think Grant has ever seen me so mad. Hopefully I scared him enough to deter him from ever doing it again.

Kristin mentioned yesterday putting him in some kind of preschool.....he did this last year and I've definitely decided to do it again (I was on the fence earlier this summer). I'm counting down the days until August 26 (and today I considered enrolling him in the four-day-a-week program instead of just two!).

2 comments:

katy said...

First of all, that picture is fantastic! What a sweet expression!!

I think preschool will be great, and if you want to try the four day program, go for it! I bet he will LOVE it!!!!

Sara said...

Oh geez - I would be livid, too! The poop is bad enough, waking the baby up is usually my hot button issue. Hang in there; it happens to the best of us :)

I don't think there's anything wrong with enrolling him in the 4 day class. Remember that the social interaction and getting out of the house is just as good for him as it is for you! That's what I tell myself, anyways :)