Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Some new things.....

Just a couple of new things the boys have done today:

- Grant discovered the joy of Pez candy! We went to Kroger this afternoon, and he noticed a Lowe's 18-wheeler toy (not realizing it was a Pez dispenser). I figured that would be a nice surprise for him (not only a truck, but one that holds candy too.....right up his alley!). So I bought it for him, then in the car I told him the truck holds candy, and we'd get some when we get home.

Immediately when we got home, he went over to the place on the counter where I keep the candy, and said he wanted some to put in his truck (not realizing you can't just put any kind of candy in there). I opened one of the packs of candy that came with the dispenser, and showed him how to open the truck and put the candy inside. He was in heaven! He took it into the train room and showed Drew (and ended up giving him a piece, which Dean had to fish out of Drew's mouth). Then when I came in, he showed me the truck with the front piece sticking up ready to eat, and he said, "pop goes the weasel! That's silly!" At dinner, he was showing Dean how it works, and was so excited to have such a cool new toy. It's fun when Grant finds joy in these little things that I remember fondly as a child too.....and to watch his fascination over something that's no big deal to us, but new to his little brain.

- Drew and I were playing this afternoon while Grant slept, and I put my hands over my face to play peek-a-boo. While my hands were in front of my face, Drew reached up and grabbed them and pulled them down. He laughed and laughed, then he pulled my hand back up to my face again. He did this time and again. He is definitely getting a little personality and starting to show his independence. If he crawls out the door when I'm feeding the kitty, and I grab him to bring him back inside, he's not afraid to express his displeasure! And he'll sometimes go limp when he doesn't want me picking him up to take him away from something. He is becoming a pesky little brother too.....he loves crawling up and bothering Grant while he's getting his diaper changed; he'll grab Grant's hair or try to pinch his cheeks or nose. Grant gets irritated and I really can't blame him! But it's hard to keep Drew away......I only have two hands (which are busy with a diaper), so there's not usually much I can do. It's funny, though....Drew laughs and thinks it's so funny, even when Grant pushes him away or comes to lay on top of him after his diaper is changed. Basically, I think Drew's going to be an instigator of a lot of fights with his big brother!

0 comments: