Monday, August 10, 2009

Matching swings

When Drew gets the chance to swing, he LOVES it....but unfortunately we only have one swing (we threw away the big kid swings that came with our swingset because they weren't in the best shape and I assumed they'd only cost $5 to replace. Actually, they're more like $25.....oops). And Grant tends to be very possessive of his swing....if he sees Drew in it, all of a sudden there's nothing more important to him than riding in it himself.

So, the other day (the same day as the poopy fiasco), I found a swing just like Grant's on Craigslist and took the boys to Pearland to buy it. So now Drew has his own....and he has so much fun in it. The past couple of nights we've gone outside to play after dinner, and tonight Drew actually crawled over to his swing and pulled himself up on it, as if to tell us, "this is what I want to do now." I've taken some better pictures the past couple of nights, but here are some from the first day:

Grant looks HUGE in his swing.....he actually does great in the big kid swings, but I'm not sure when we'll buy one of those. Plus, his little red swing has gotten so much use and has spent so much time in the sun that the straps are falling apart. So I figured Drew could use a new one anyway.....In these pictures Drew is watching Amminadab.....he gets SO excited and starts squealing when he spots one of the cats.



Grant got into the shed (a favorite place to explore) and decided he needed to fix this window screen. Here he's thinking with his hand on his chin. He loves doing pretend play like this, where he acts like he's talking to people about things he wants to buy. Here he was pointing and saying to me, "I need that nail and that screw so I can fix this window."

Taking the "window" outside so he could fix it. I swear, he is such a boy......he loves tinkering with tools and finding things to fix (especially these days, while we're working on house projects so much). I know it makes him feel like such a big boy....

1 comments:

Sara said...

OMG - I love that last one of Drew. That kid makes the cutest faces! You should totally let Grant "fix" the window and see how it comes out. But then again, I'm a gluton for punishment like that... :)