I've been thinking about trying to find a good new CD for the car.....something that the kids (especially Grant) would enjoy. I get on Amazon and see so many that look interesting, but I just don't want to pay $13 and waste my money if they're not good. If anyone has any favorites that they'd recommend, please share!! Thanks.....
January Lessons
10 years ago
8 comments:
Thinking of things that you might like too: I like the Imagination Movers. The actaully put out 3 indie CD's before Disney picked them up. Go to ImaginationMovers.com for their indie stuff. I also heard that Bare Naked Ladies put out a children's CD a couple fo years ago. You could probably goto iTunes or something like that to hear a sample. The other thing that I discovered John liked was the VBS music we did this year. Other than that, I have about 4 different CD's of kids songs, nusery rhymes, etc. I can let you borrow if you wish to try before you buy. Walmart actaully has a good selection and I got some at Half Price Books, too.
-EBP-
Although, I don't have kids to drive around full-time, Alanna has always loved singing, so we have several CDs in rotation that I've burned - someof her favorites are St John's Children's Choir (they have a Children's sing along, and Bible songs - both are great!) and Countdown Kids - 30 Toddler Songs. We liked these too because they weren't annoying to us Adults and the songs were age appropriate (unlike the Kidz Bop CDs which are just absurdly inappropriate if you ask my opinion on them).
I got a jazz CD for kids called Jazz for Kids: Sing, Clap, Wiggle and Shake (on Amazon here). We ALL love it - the songs are all so fun and upbeat and I can listen to it over and over and never get tired of it.
I also heard that John Lithgow put out a kids' cd that was pretty good, but I haven't listened to it.
Good luck!
Favorites around my library are any CD by Lori Berkner. They are fun both kids and won't drive adults crazy :)
Our favorite is Justin Roberts -kids music that the adults actually WANT to listen to!!
Also lately I love Elizabeth Mitchell's album...Little Bird something?
You can listen to bits of the songs on itunes or napster but I will go as far as to PROMISE you will love these two:)
Oh also, another that the kids LOVE is 'Songs for Little Monkeys' by the Mudcakes. Not as adult friendly but a lot of the songs are hilarious and very very fun:)
Hey Alissa,
we love love love Laurie Berkner and Imagination Movers, and I love Elizabeth Mitchell as someone above mentioned, we also have a set of 110 silly songs, not very adult friendly i guess, but I love it anyway. And I think it helps with literacy, alot of nursery rhymes and repetition.
Trout Fishing in America is fun too, I've loved them a long time, very adult friendly. Praise Baby Collection for you and them to chill out with. Check Your LIbrary too, you can probably check out a bunch of these there first. love ya Jodie
Yes, Lori Berkner - hilarious! We love her. (from the nephews) And I love Praise Baby. But as a parent, it can start to drive you a little nuts. The adult singing is the girl who played Ariel in The Little Mermaid, so pretty voice! Let me know what you find that you like!
Thanks for your comments, everybody! I ordered a couple last night on Amazon and now I have a good wish list for Grant's birthday and Christmas. Thank you, thank you!!!
Post a Comment