Friday, September 18, 2009

Evan's party

Two Saturdays ago (I'm still catching up), we drove to Austin for Evan's birthday party. It was at a little petting zoo, where you could ride horses and pet the animals. Grant takes after me in this respect.....he likes animals in theory, but don't ask him to get close !

I don't have many pictures of the party, but we went to Rob, Leah and Evan's house for a little while after the party (although we had to make sure we were home by 7pm for the Alabama/Virginia Tech game!). Grant and Evan had SO much fun playing together.....Evan shared his Cars toys and they had a blast chasing each other.

Grant always lines his cars up just like Evan is doing here at the table. I don't know if I'll ever understand why die cast cars are so enchanting to two and three-year-old boys (although the ones from Cars the movie are, in my opinion, much cooler than the normal hot wheels or matchbox racecars. Can you tell I'm a mom of boys?!).
We got all three boys sitting together for pictures. "Cheese" just doesn't work very well anymore.....so someone told the boys to say "Lightning McQueen." Then for the next few minutes, we were telling them to say every character we could think of from the movie. It was loud and crazy for a few minutes, but it made for some cute pictures (and now I know how to get Grant's attention when I want to get a photo of him):
Drew just has no clue what's going on......

0 comments: