With his pacifier:
After I talked him into giving me his paci (he wasn't too happy about this, so he wouldn't smile for me):
Finally a little bit of a smile (a few minutes later):Grant went back to school today! Dean is still home today (he's feeling better but just weak from not eating for two days), so he kept Drew while I took Grant to school.
It was weird....taking pictures of him this morning before school, it was hard to believe that it's been a whole year since his (first) first day of school a year ago. I remember it so well....getting teary-eyed as we pulled into the parking lot, worrying that he'd have a meltdown when I left, just a little sad that he was getting to be such a big boy. That was three weeks before Drew was born and I also was excited to have a few weeks to finish getting ready for the baby (especially during the hours that Grant was at school). It turned out I didn't have much of that time at all, since Hurricane Ike showed up a few days later and we spent the rest of the time (until after Drew was born) with Grant at home because the schools were closed!
Anyway, today wasn't nearly so emotional. It definitely hasn't felt like we've been on summer break for three months. I took Grant inside and to his new classroom (he wanted me to carry him inside, which I gladly did because I don't know how many more times he'll want me to do that!), and we met one of his teachers (Ms. Michelle). She showed him where his cubby was, and he put his bag down and went to sit down at a table to play with some toys. I talked to her for a second, then I said goodbye to Grant. He looked back and me, waved and said "bye." No problem!
When I picked him up, he was crying.....they had come inside from the playground at the end of the morning and Grant decided he wanted his pacifier. His teachers looked in his bag and couldn't find it (or at least said they couldn't). So he was crying when I got there, asking me for his pacifier. I think this will be really good for him......they are more strict in this older classroom with pacifiers and blankies. They said if a child really needs one of these, they'll let them go get it for just a minute, then put it back in their bag and come back with the rest of the class. It will be very interesting to see what happens if Grant gets a hold of his pacifier, then someone tries to take it away after just a minute. Hmmmmm......
And here are a couple of cute pics of Drew. He had fun playing with Daddy while I took Grant and picked him up later (and he slept a LOT.....but still no other signs that he got our stomach virus, thankfully!).
January Lessons
10 years ago
4 comments:
I'm so glad Drew hasn't gotten sick! What did y'all decide for your kitchen backsplash, btw?
Homemade baby food has actually been fun and easy so far! It's slightly more work for feeding away from the house, but I try not to do that much, anyway. :) But at home, it's super easy! And a few things make a TON of baby food. I'm hoping she moves on to little bites by around 9 months though.
Yay Grant!! Keep on rockin' it at preschool, little fella! You can do it, and soon you'll be having too much fun to even remember that paci. Paci who???
Yea for school!!!!
I'm glad Grants back in school. Hopefully this will give you a little break, to refresh you! Or at least be less stressful with just Drew at home. I'm glad ya'll are feeling better. It's no fun being sick, especially when you can't lay in bed and watch movies!
Post a Comment