Drew had his one year checkup yesterday. Everything went okay......of course he didn't care much for the three shots he got, but he only cried for a minute. His iron levels (which were a little low at 9 months) are still right outside the number that the doctor wants (although better than before), so we need to give him Polyvisol (with added iron) for the next few months.
One first for our family: Drew is smaller than most kids his age! He has actually lost 6 ounces since the last time I took him two weeks ago (when he had a diarrhea bug). Yesterday he weighed 21 lbs, 13 oz, which puts him in the 31st percentile for boys his age. It's weird to me to think that I have a small child (even though he's exactly average for height). Grant has always been among the biggest (especially in height, and at least in the 60s for weight), and Drew has always been on the bigger end too....until now! I looked back and saw that Grant weighed over 24 pounds at one year.
Our doctor wasn't really concerned.....she said he'd probably just be smaller than Grant. And I'm not really surprised.....Drew basically survived on Fruit Loops while we were in Orlando. And sometimes I forget that Drew needs to eat more often than Grant does; I usually just feed them together, and sometimes I think Grant could go all day without telling me he's hungry. So poor Drew probably doesn't get fed as often as Grant did at that age!
Pictures from Orlando tomorrow.....here's one of Drew on his birthday:
January Lessons
10 years ago
1 comments:
Hi Alissa! I'm so glad that you found my blog!
Your blog is super cute - in fact, it inspired me to go change my template right after I saw your comment. :)
You have a beautiful family and I hope that I will get to meet you all in person some day also! I appreciate you so much.
Post a Comment