Last Friday I took the kids to HEB (not our normal shopping spot, but we were in the area). Drew seems to have a knack for finding the places that make the loudest reverberations when he screams. He lets out a little yelp, and if it sounds loud enough, he keeps doing it. Grocery stores seem to be the most effective. On Friday, he started doing these little short screams, and then Grant joined in. So they just went back and forth, one after another. At least I can threaten Grant with a spanking or something.....but how do you stop an 11-month old from screaming? On one hand, I think it's really cute and I love seeing the boys having fun with each other. But after 20 screams or so, I start getting really self-conscious, and I know the people around us are going nuts!!
They do this at home too:
This is a "if you lay next to Drew and smile, you can have a piece of chocolate" picture. That's usually what I have to do to get them to lay next to each other like this....
Now it's getting cool enough in the mornings that we can sometimes go outside to play for a while. We don't do this every day, but the boys love to be out there. And I love that I can take my coffee outside in the morning and not immediately start sweating like I would have a month ago! Grant has become a stud sand castle builder......and poor Drew always tries to play with the sand castles, for which he's usually pushed away from the table and onto his bottom! I try to encourage them to play together, but I just don't know how much I should be playing referee and how much I should just leave them alone.
January Lessons
10 years ago
3 comments:
It's amazing how much they've grown. You have your hands full!
I laughed out loud at your chocolate bribery picture - why didn't I think of that?!
What is it with screaming? I tell James to use his "inside voice" about 30 times per day -- and that's just between 5:30pm and 7:30pm bedtime!
Love the bribery picture! Drew's all, "What about me? I never get any chocolate. Bah."
Post a Comment