We have a long, straight staircase in our house.....all the way up, with no curves or turns. I've always been so scared of Grant (and now Drew) falling down the stairs, and I've even told Dean that I'm sure it will happen at some point. Well, a couple of weeks ago, my friend Jennifer and her little boy Luke were over. Grant and Luke were at the top of the stairs while Jennifer and I were standing right at the bottom. All of a sudden, Jennifer (who was facing the stairs) said, "oh my goodness!" just as I heard Grant tumbling down the stairs. She said it looked like he was doing a cartwheel. Of course he cried for a couple of minutes, but these little rug burns on his face are all he had to show for it. Not too bad for falling down the stairs!
And here are a few pictures of Drew enjoying his macaroni and cheese a few days ago. He loves this stuff....he's a pretty good eater, but he's already decided that he doesn't like green beans and other veggies very much (although he ate quite a few carrots the other night). I am SO bad at cooking vegetables, even for us.....so the boys rarely have to try them (which probably isn't very good, but giving my kids veggies at every meal is not my highest priority right now).
Just a cute picture of the boys.....Grant loves grabbing Drew and tackling him from behind.....it used to worry me but I'm learning that Drew is old enough that he's probably not going to break!
January Lessons
10 years ago
1 comments:
Awww... poor guy. He looks like such a trooper in that picture :)
OK, you said it first, and I have to agree - we are living parallel lives! The exact same thing happened to us a couple weeks ago. I had a friend over - we were all coming down the stairs, she got to the bottom first and I watched her gasp and look behind me as Drew started tumbling over and over down the stairs. Gave him a little black eye and just scared us more than anything. Those boys... lol
And I'm with you on the veggies. My kids are lucky if their food is cooked. PB&J again, anyone?
Post a Comment