We had Grant dedicated at church on Sunday. We had been told to go pick him up from the nursery as soon as the sermon was coming to a close, and to bring him down to the sanctuary at that time. With his stranger anxiety, I knew it probably wasn't a good idea to take him to the nursery at all, if he was going to have to be in front of a room full of people 5 minutes after picking him up! So my mom and I stayed out in the foyer with him during the service, and I gave him a bottle just before we had to go in. Because of that, he was in a great mood....he just made little noises the entire time, including during the prayer!
We dressed him in a little blue and white outfit that Dean thought was WAY too girly. He protested long and hard that morning....but my mom and I won out. We figured Grant would probably never be able to wear it again, since it's one of those dressy outfits that I'd never just dress him in for going out or to wear around the house. He looked like a little doll, but one man who Dean plays trumpet with in the orchestra kept referring to Grant as "she!" And the outfit was BLUE!! Oh well, he looked adorable anyway!
After we got home, we put Grant in a little christening gown that my grandpa wore over 80 years ago! Grant was getting tired and we had a hard time getting the sleeves on him....and he spit up about 10 seconds after we got it on! But it actually fit him pretty well, and he loved reaching for all the extra material once he was wearing it.
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment