Grant had his first vegetables on Thursday, and he actually enjoyed them a lot! I had heard that it's best to start babies on veggies first, instead of the sweet fruits. That way, they don't reject the veggies because they don't taste as good as the fruit. Since Dean is quite a picky eater, I thought it was a good idea, in case Grant takes after him in that way!
Anyway, we gave them to him on Thursday night, and he really enjoyed them! He's doing so much better now at swallowing his food, and he swallowed the peas right up without even making a face or recognizing that it was something really different! I mentioned that to Dean, who, by the way, does NOT like peas, and he replied, "that's because his taste buds aren't developed yet!"
Grant managed to stay pretty clean during the process (Dean was holding his hands). But at the end, I picked him up out of his Bumbo chair, and he spit up all over my shirt.....then proceeded to stick his face in it! It got all over his hair, so we promptly took him to the bathtub! Here are a couple of pictures.
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment