Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Meeting Antanas Kavaliauskas- A&M Basketball Player

Grant and I went into downtown last week to see my friend Kelly, who was in Houston for a few days. I arrived at the restaurant a little early and saw a table full of REALLY tall guys....I actually didn't notice until they stood up to come get their food at the counter. One had an A&M basketball shirt on, and I thought that it must be Kavaliauskas! Another one of them walked close enough to me for me to ask, and he said that yes, it was. This guy had on an orange shirt, and it turns out he was a player for Illinois. There were about four of them altogether, and they were apparently meeting with their agents to discuss the upcoming NBA draft.

Anyway, once Kelly came, we ordered our food, then went over to his table together to ask if we could take a picture with him. He was a really nice guy....we didn't say too much to him, because both of us were SO nervous! I don't know why!! But here's a picture we took with him, and another one of Grant and Kelly.

0 comments: