Grant and I went to Sugar Land last Tuesday to have lunch with my good friend Susan. He had so much fun...he even let Susan feed him a bottle, a job he normally allows just Mom or Dad to do! And afterwards, he sat in the restaurant highchair (for only the second time) and tried to grab everything he could on the table! I've gotten to the point where I have to put him there while I try to eat, because he'll grab my food or anything else he can while I'm holding him! But the highchair has troubles of its own....every toy I bring ends up on the ground after a few seconds, so sometimes he'll get bored after a few minutes (and he lets me know it!).Then on Wednesday, we had lunch with another good friend Sierra and her son Jacob, who just turned a month old. We went to Subway, where Jacob slept the entire time (typical for a one-month old) and Grant pulled everything off the table that he could (typical for a six-month old)! I had just unpacked my sandwich from the wrapper and we were just about to start eating, when I turned my head for a second and saw my sandwich flying off the table when I looked back! Luckily Grant's carseat was sitting right below, so the sandwich landed there and I was able to salvage everything except a tomato and some lettuce. Anyway, after lunch, we tried to take a walk in Sierra's neighborhood, but it was Jacob's turn to wake up and be hungry. So we just made it down the street before turning around to come back. We're learning that with two babies, we have to be very flexible with our plans! Here are the two babies sitting side-by-side on our walk.
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment