Last Friday, Grant and I were out running errands and it was beautiful outside. So I decided I'd try out a new park near our house and let him run around before coming home. We had only been there 15 minutes or so when he climbed from the playground area up onto the grass (about a 6-inch step). He used his hand to help him with the step, and when he stood up, he started shaking his hand. It looked like there was a lot of dirt on it, but when I looked closer, I could tell they were ants! I shook his hand and had to pry a few off of him. I was standing right there and I know they couldn't have been on him for more than 5-10 seconds. So I figured he maybe got a few bites, but he went on his way after that as if nothing was wrong.
Well, a few minutes later I looked at his hand, and it was pretty red, with tons of little white dots all over it! I got a little worried and put him in the car to leave, when I saw a girl I worked with at our church before Grant was born. She has 3 kids of her own and told me to just get some Caladryl for it. So we went to Randall's on our way home and bought some. But I never had to use it....his hand looked awful for a few days, but he never tried to scratch them and it never seemed to bother him! I tried to count once, and I got up to 25 bites before he grabbed his hand away. There had to have been about 30 or so....ouch!!
Kinda hard to see, but you can see his red hand and some of the white dots if you look closely enough:Later that night after dinner, when all the bites had turned to the normal red color:
Not related to the ant bites, but here he's studying his foot before putting it into his mouth!
Ooh, yucky! That didn't taste very good!
Also.....this is just kinda funny. Yesterday up at church (for our weekly mom's Bible study), Grant and the other kids in his class were taking a buggy ride (where they sit in three rows, two in each row, and are wheeled around the church). First, let me say that I feel SO sorry for the teachers in Grant's class.....there are four babies in there (one being Grant) who have a VERY hard time with mommy being gone, and they all feed off of each other's cries! Every time Grant and I walk up, we can hear the other kids in his room crying from down the hall. So at least I know that Grant isn't the one causing all of the others to start! The teachers say that the kids do pretty well in the buggy ride....they just don't like being in the classroom.
So anyway, they were going for a buggy ride yesterday and Jacob (Sierra's 10-month old son) was sitting next to Grant. Apparently, Grant was eating his biter biscuit and Jacob grabbed it from him and stuffed the entire thing in his mouth! The teachers didn't know what had happened until Grant started crying. Then I guess a few minutes later, Jacob tried to steal Grant's pacifier (Sierra says that Jacob doesn't even use a pacifier, but for some reason kids always try to take other kids' pacifiers....not sure why!). Well, everyone has to draw the line somewhere, because Grant fought back and wouldn't let Jacob have it! A biscuit is one thing, but nobody better mess with Grant's pacifier! That is serious business! I can just picture Grant giving him a nasty look and trying to defend his stuff.....babies are so funny!
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment