Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Of the few people who I know check this blog regularly, I think most of you know this. We're pregnant! We found out a few weeks ago but I wanted to wait to post it on the blog until I went to my first appointment and made sure everything looks good. I took the pregnancy test one morning in late January, then Grant and I went out later that day to buy a T-shirt to surprise Dean when he got home. I've seen the shirts around at various stores and thought it would be a good way to spread the news. Unfortunately, Grant had just woken up from a late nap when Dean got home that day and was clingy to me (usually he hears Dean open the garage door and stands there waiting for him to come in). But Dean eventually saw it and was very happy! It took us 5 months to get pregnant this time, so we were elated when it finally happened!Everything looks good so far; we went to our first appointment on Feb 12 (Tues), when I was about 6.5 weeks. The baby only measured 3mm on the ultrasound, and was too small to estimate a due date. We could see the heartbeat, but my doctor wanted me to come back in another week to do another ultrasound. He said I'd be surprised how much growth would happen in a week, and he was right! When we went back on the 19th (also a Tuesday, exactly one week later), it had grown from 3mm to 17mm!! This was amazing to us! Based on the size, the ultrasound machine estimated the due date as Sept 26 (a full week ahead of my orig due date). But my doc said he'd leave it where it is for now, just knowing that we have reason to believe it could come sooner.

I have been feeling okay.....mostly VERY tired! And I have nausea that comes and goes (every few minutes sometimes!) throughout the day. I never thought about how hard it would be to chase a 15-month old around while being pregnant at the same time. I definitely took it for granted last time that I could lay down and rest whenever I wanted. During Grant's naps, I usually head straight for the couch to rest (and usually end up taking a nap). That's why it's been so hard this past week since he hasn't been napping as well.

I am 8.5 weeks along now, and my next appt is on March 26. So that's the latest!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Congratulations!! That is such exciting news!!!

Rob and Leah said...

I love the Big Brother shirt...so cute!

kelli said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You guys are such an adorable family. YAY for babies!!!