We're in the last stages of weaning, which is a little bittersweet for me. I have loved breastfeeding Grant over these past 14 months. At around 11 months old, I started only breastfeeding him twice a day, first thing in the morning and last thing before he went to bed. He was getting increasingly distracted during his daytime feeding and I figured he'd just give all of them up before too long. I also had no idea how hard the transition to whole milk would be!
But now that Grant likes his whole milk and drinks it up like crazy, I've been tapering off the feedings for the past couple of weeks. I started dropping the morning feeding. That lasted for a few days, then I started feeding him every other night instead of every night. I wasn't intending to stop this quickly, but it seems to be working out okay. He will definitely take it if I offer, but he's never pulled on my shirt or acted in any way like he specifically wants it (I'm glad I haven't gotten to that point!).
I never expected that I'd do it for this long, but it is a little sad to be done with this chapter of his life. I guess it's just another one of those things that means he's getting to be a big boy and is growing up! Sniff sniff!!
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment