It's been kind of a hard week....just as I said that Grant has settled into a good nap routine, he's started changing again! Last Tuesday, my parents came down to stay with him while I had a doctor's appointment. He slept 1.5 hours (the entire time I was gone). Well, that was the last day of that! Wednesday, Thursday and Friday he cried a lot before finally settling down to sleep (and Friday he cried in his crib for an hour and never took a nap). I was so frustrated!!! I really don't think this means that he doesn't need a nap anymore....I think he's just being obstinate. One particularly frustrating thing he's been doing the past few days is throwing his pacifier out of the crib just as I leave the room. I think he learned that I'd often come back in after 10 minutes or so of crying, because I had assumed he'd dropped his pacifier (which he usually had if he was still crying). So I think he learned that if he threw it out as I was leaving, I'd have to come back in to give it to him! Aahh!!
We went to Bryan this weekend to visit my parents and to see Rob, Leah and Evan. So this weekend has been a little messed up as far as naps go. We'll see what happens tomorrow....hopefully I can train him to get back on his 1.5 hour afternoon nap schedule again. I am so tired!!
More later about our trip this weekend.
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment