Thursday, February 14, 2008

This week has been a little better.....thanks to those of you who responded and emailed about all of these discipline issues. I went to my girls' Bible/book study on Tuesday night and Grant did great with Dean.....they played and had a lot of fun together. This week has definitely had its trying moments, but I'm trying to be much more stern with him.....it's just hard not to completely lose my temper when I get so frustrated with him!

Today we planned on going over to Sierra's house for a potluck Valentine's Day lunch with a few other girls. I said I'd bring the main dish (a casserole, which I prepared before Grant woke up this morning). When I went to get Grant out of bed, he had a yucky yellow runny nose. Yes, another month has passed, so it's time for another cold! Anyway, I didn't want to let them down and not bring the main dish (and give them such short notice), so we went over there to drop off the casserole. I waited to give Grant a nap until we got in the car...he fell asleep on the way, so I was able to go inside and talk for a few minutes. Then after he woke up, I brought him in for a few minutes before everyone got there, and he surprisingly let me hold him so I could keep him a few feet away from Jacob.

We left as they were about to eat, and Grant and I went to the League City park (close to Sierra's house)....it's a beautiful park with pretty flowers and a few nice fountains. Grant ate lunch there and loved running around. As we were about to leave, he kept standing a little too close to the water (I was getting nervous even though I was holding onto his hand), so I finally pulled him away. This started a tantrum....I know Grant well enough to know when he's going to react poorly, so it's frustrating to see it coming and not be able to do anything about it!

Anyway, we finally got into the car (after a few smacks on the hand) and came home, where he crashed again for another 1.5 hours. For Valentine's Day tonight, we made omelets and Dean just put Grant to bed for me. These days, I need more help than I used to....Grant wears me out during the day!!

2 comments:

Rob and Leah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rob and Leah said...

I love all of those stories. Poor baby with the ant bites. I love the nursery stories. They have a buggy at church and the teachers said Evan doesn't like riding in it. I don't know why. We think it might be because they have Veggie Tales playing in the room and he doesn't want to stop watching it.