As I said yesterday, we went to Bryan on Saturday to visit my parents and to see Rob, Leah and Evan. We hadn't seen Evan and Leah since October, so it was fun to watch the two boys play together again. Of course I use the term "play" very loosely....they'd each play in the same general vicinity, and usually just stare at each other for a second in passing!
Grant was playing in a dirt pile outside when Rob and Leah got there, and Evan and Grant both loved that. I think I'm either going to have to clean out the sandbox that our previous owners left for us or buy a new one, because Grant was enthralled with the dirt! He loved scooping it up and spilling it back out. He also was enchanted by the broom (as he also is at home). He loved pushing and pulling it.Evan and Grant playing in the dirt pile:
Rob, Leah, Evan, Dad, and Dean all went to the Aggie basketball game, and my mom and I took Grant for a walk in my parents' neighborhood. Grant was getting so tired that I laid back his stroller to the reclining position (which I've never done before) and he fell asleep! He hasn't fallen asleep in the stroller since his early days! It was such a beautiful day and I guess a perfect day for napping outside. He continued sleeping on the porch after we got home.
Later that afternoon, Grant and Evan took a ride in the laundry basket together:
We had hamburgers that night, and our friends Lana, Jerry and Jennifer came over to eat with us. I was REALLY nervous about putting Grant to bed....my parents borrowed a crib for him (so he didn't have to sleep in the Pack and Play), but I was afraid that if he awoke in the middle of the night and saw us, he wouldn't go back to sleep. He actually only cried for a minute when I put him to bed, but he did wake up when Dean and I went to get ready for bed a while later. So we ended up sleeping on couches downstairs! I figured it would be worth it, to give him his own room and avoid a possible nightmare night! And he did fine....I only heard one peep out of him all night. Whew!
The next day, the boys played some more and we left early that afternoon. We stopped on the way out of College Station so I could get a hot chocolate from Sweet Eugene's (it's my favorite hot chocolate.....so unique!). And we also each got a cookie from The Blue Baker. I really miss some of those College Station restaurants!!
Here's one last picture of the boys playing outside; from the back, they look very similar....just about the exact same height and build. They almost look like they could be twins!
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment