Monday, February 23, 2009

5 months!

Our sweet little guy turned five months old yesterday! I've been posting about Grant lately and not so much about Drew. He is still a pretty easy baby, and is such a happy little guy. He LOVES getting attention from people, and usually will smile within a few seconds of someone coming up to talk to him (as long as he's not tired).

He's a good sleeper (especially for naps), and he started eating rice cereal about 10 days ago. He likes it! In fact, when I take a break from feeding him, he kicks his little legs and fusses until I give him more! He is starting to understand how to swallow it, now that he's been practicing for a week. I'm thinking I'll try a veggie this week. And.....I'm going to take a shot at making my own.....it seems like it would be pretty easy (and cheaper) to puree a lot of things, like simple veggies and fruits. We'll see how it works.....I bought Annabel Karmel's book when Grant was 9 or 10 months old. But I only made one of the recipes....all of her suggestions for that age were more complicated than simple pureed carrots or peaches.

Anyway.....we will see how it goes. Here are a few recent pictures of Drew.....

Nebulizer treatments.....he had to do these a couple of weeks ago when he started wheezing. Now instead of a mask (which we had to use when Grant went through the same thing at this same age), they gave us a pacifier to use, which blew the medicine up in front of his nose. Very clever! Drew didn't mind the nebulizer treatments NEARLY as much as Grant did.

First try of rice cereal.....he already tries to grab the spoon from me!

2 comments:

katy said...

He's so sweet!
Good luck with making your own baby food purees. I had high hopes of doing that for James -- but he went on solids shortly after we moved back to B/CS, and I just wasn't organized enough. I think it's a great idea!!

Yee Peng said...

I puree Emelyn's food. There are times when it's a bit tiring but I think it's worth it.