Since Drew has come along, Grant has all of a sudden shown interest in his old, forgotten baby toys. It's funny.....things that shouldn't capture his attention anymore are all of a sudden more interesting. His new motto: "If Drew wants it, it's mine and I want to play with it right now!" One of the first things we noticed was the bottle. Drew doesn't drink a bottle much, but one night I was giving him a few ounces of formula. Grant grabbed the bottle from me and tried to drink from it. He was sorely disappointed when it didn't taste anything like he probably expected (or remembered)! Yuck!
Then one morning recently, I was upstairs putting Drew down for a nap, and I heard Grant playing with the exersaucer (this wasn't actually ever Grant's; we're borrowing it from friends). I came down to see this:He was having the best time jumping in that thing! I think he mainly enjoyed the deafening sound it produced as he was jumping on the kitchen floor in it!
Then there's his old play gym; he is so proud of himself that he can turn the sound on by himself. And a lot of times when I'll lay Drew under it, Grant will say, "no, mine!" and crawl under there with him. Here he's showing Drew how it works. I think it's funny (and fitting) that Drew is sitting there, hands clasped, just like a good student learning from his master. He adores Grant; like I've said before, he is going to be little Mr. Copycat, I'm afraid!
And here's a completely unrelated, but adorable picture of Dean and Grant. I LOVE this picture....I can hardly ever capture a good smile from Grant, especially without his pacifier in his mouth!
January Lessons
10 years ago
3 comments:
That's funny!
So sweet! I imagine it's tough to be a big brother sometimes!
I hear that's really common for older kids to reclaim their toys when the new babies come along. It's good to know Grant is doing everything by the book. ;)
Post a Comment