I am loving the new external flash I got for my birthday/baby present this year. You don't have to be a professional photographer to take fantastic pictures.....it softens up a picture to make the subject almost glow. It's amazing.....I wish I'd had it when Grant was a baby!
Dean teases me because I take SO many pictures.....but I love experimenting, even though I have no idea what most of the features of my camera actually do. I would love to take a photography class.....too bad I didn't do it before I had two kids (and NO free time!!). These are some sweet pictures I took of Drew the other night.....he's not really a thumb-sucker, but every once in a while his thumb ends up in his mouth and I can't resist taking pictures of it! These pictures never would've turned out this soft without that flash!!!And now for the little stinker: the other morning, Dean had left for work and I was feeding Drew in our bed (I bring him in there when he wakes up to eat in the morning). Grant woke up and got out of his room (we didn't latch the door quite well enough), and I heard him go downstairs. A few minutes later, he came upstairs holding an oreo cookie, and his mouth was completely covered with cookie remnants (by the time I took this picture, we had wiped most of it off). It turns out that Dean had to leave in a hurry so he didn't finish packing his lunch, but he had packed his cookies and chips the night before and left the lunchbox on the counter. Little stinker pulled the lunchbox down and ate two of the oreos, then brought the last one up to show me what he found (and then ate it in front of me)! He is very proud of himself when he does something naughty!
January Lessons
10 years ago
2 comments:
I love the pictures you took of Drew. I am actually asking for a SLR Camera in the next couple of months. I want to be able to capture all of those precious moments that will start to happen July 1st. I am thinking of taking a photography class as well, but am not sure where I will find the time.
I got an external flash this summer and I feel your excitement... that thing is MAGIC! have fun!
Post a Comment