Saturday, February 14, 2009

We have a bradford pear tree whose leaves don't change color (and fall off) until January. A couple of Mondays ago Dean came home early from work and we spent some time outside raking some of the leaves that had fallen. The boys had fun!

Here's Grant showing Drew a piece of bark (you wouldn't think it would be this exciting!):
Grant is starting to like his little brother quite a bit.....he will ask "where's Drew?" if he doesn't see him. And I think he enjoys the fact that Drew thinks he is so funny and silly!
Some other pictures from leaf-raking.....


Grant trying to use the weedeater while Daddy is raking (it's not plugged in, so he was in no danger of killing himself!):

I've said this before, but Drew is starting to admire his big brother; he loves when Grant gives him attention (even when it seems to me like he's being rough!). One thing Grant really likes to do (I have no idea why): if Drew is sitting on the couch, propped up with pillows, Grant will tear his pillows away, one by one. One day last week I left them alone for a second while I ran into the kitchen, and I came back to find all of Drew's pillows gone, even the big couch cushion in the back! Drew was laying on his back in the back of the couch, just smiling away! Poor thing.....he doesn't know that he's being mistreated! And Drew smiles so big and laughs when he sees Grant being silly. I know Drew is going to be a little copycat!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Those are GREAT pictures of the boys in the leaves! Looks like they had a blast :)

Kristen said...

I don't want to scare you about copycats, but let me just say that my sisters 1 year old daughter is NUTS - with 3 older brothers, she thinks she is invincible (sp?)! But how cute that Grant is starting to enjoy his role as big brother. :)