ANOTHER BOY!!!
We found out on Wednesday that Grant will have a little brother! I had completely expected this one to be a boy.....this pregnancy has been very similar to the last one, and I've had a feeling ever since our last ultrasound, when the technician saw "something" but wouldn't make a guess as to the sex.
So I was expecting a boy and had even started looking for paint colors for his room (Grant will move into the big boy room that's decorated like outer space). But to be honest, when she pointed out the "boy parts" and said, "do you see that?" there were a few seconds when I was a little sad not to be experiencing having a little girl. I think more than anything, my thought was that I've already had a boy, so now it would be fun to see what a girl is like. Plus, little girl clothes are SO cute (a little petty, I know!), and I've always thought it would be fun to have one of each.
BUT.....I just adore Grant, and cannot imagine not having him. I never knew that little boys could be so affectionate in ways that melt your heart, and I've learned that it's definitely true that little boys love their mommies! So there's really no way I could ever be disappointed, especially because he seems to be very healthy and right on track developmentally!
He measured about 6 ounces, and the technician estimated that I was just under 17 weeks (which exactly matches my due date of Oct 3). A couple of times, she said, "how cute," which I thought was odd. Not that I don't think my baby will be cute, but he honestly looks like a skeleton in there right now! So I asked what she meant after the second time, and she said that he was doing cute things, like moving and crossing his legs. And he had his hands in front of his eyes, like he was rubbing them!
And probably the neatest part for me was seeing the spine.....as he moved, you could see the spine and ribcage so clearly.....this was incredible! Especially considering that he weighs less than half a pound! I forgot to ask how long he was measuring, but it can't be any longer than 4 or 5 inches.
Anyway, now it's time to think of boys' names! We have some ideas but haven't decided for sure. We want something that's not super popular, but one that everyone still knows. Boys' names have always been really hard for us....so we'll see!
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment